1. Looking at the title on the spine to see if the title attracts you.
2. Pulling the book out off the shelf and looking at the cover. The book cover is a great selling point to make you want to read it or not.
3. Reading the synopsis to see if that interests you
4. Maybe a friend, teacher or another book... told you about the book
5. It's an author you just love
6. Maybe it's a book you read already but you want to read it again and again.
7. It's one in a series. Series are like potato chips you cannot eat just one.
8. The book was made into a movie. You watch the movie and you now want to read it in book form. The book to me is always better compare to a movie. That's my own opinion.
9. Maybe it's a subject that you are interested in. I love reading about books and bookstores so I go more for books on this topic.
I hope the 9 ways to choose a book to read will make you want to pick one one and fall in.
Author,Artist and Illustrator. Self Published author of eBooks and videos. Plus I do artwork on assignments and teach classes.